Saturday, July 18, 2015

Friday, July 17, 2015

The family just finished a wonderful week at Westminster Spires church camp near Red Lodge, Montana. It's owned by the Yellowstone Presbytery. Mikey and Danny were there are campers. Joleanna and I attended as vacationing adults, gleefully leaving the care of our children to others! We did spend time with them during the week, in worship and other activities at camp.

It is also a week of transition. Joleanna is able to return to work this week -- working Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night shifts at Billings Clinic. She's happy to be back at work, although the patient drug system has forgotten who she is and other nurses have to help her get meds out.

Mikey and I worked the concession stand the the Rosebud County Fair for a 2 and 1/2 hour shift today. I worked the cash register. Mikey helped with pulled pork sandwiches, pretzels, nachos, hot dogs, and "walking" tacos (taco mixed in a bag of Doritos or Fritos). Danny came, too, but couldn't stop touching his face with his gloved hand. He spent the rest of the time playing games on my phone.

I caught up with Beau Blake at the Fair. I haven't seen much of him or his family since they moved to the other side of the world to work a new piece of land for their ranch. Beau was on the search committee that called me hear as Pastor and I reminded him that in February I'll start my 4th year in Hysham. I told him it was his fault; he said he would gladly accept the blame.

The boys and I are going to a Dice Masters Age of Ultron Rainbow Tournament tomorrow at Hastings in Billings. Two weeks ago I won the Justice League Rainbow Tournament there.

The cats and dog are happy we're back... have gathered around, and are waiting for me to go to bed. Hint, hint.

No comments: